Monday, May 7, 2012

Short Sweet Dream


Short Sweet Dream

Short sweet dream
Kept me in a fine frame of mind,
A sensation of some kind.
I admire you and I’m happy as kings,
Sure, I’ll fly if I had wings.
I compare you to a rainbow,
Decorated in colours ‘Magnificent Seven’ VIBGYOR.
You ‘re like a vanishing dew-drop on a leaf,
Sparkling elegance, far beyond a man’s belief.
‘Tis similar to a bubble in the air,
Which bursts before you say, "Hey! look there"
It won’t be in vain,
If I tell you, I lov’ to see you again.
I hope and pray,
That you may come true one fine day.
I was disturbed by the morning sunbeam,
But, hat’s off to you my worthy dream.
Though you stayed with me only for a while,
A BIG TANK Q in a real Yankee style.
~ M Rezvie Omerdeen 
2nd November 2007

M. Rezvie Omerdeen
36/19 Harrison Jones' Road 
Matale
Sri Lanka



No comments:

Post a Comment