Thursday, May 7, 2020

P Susila Amma "The Crooning Queen"

Voice of Susila amma is soft and clear,
Her songs! I'm eager to hear,

Melodies of Susila amma are up to a standard,
As a songstress she's branded.

Interviews of Susila amma is so calm and slow,
When she chants words begin to flow.

Tunes of Susila amma has a fine tone,
It keeps me relaxed when I'm alone.

Humming of Susila amma makes me spell-bound,
I like the tempo in every sound.

Sad hits of Susila amma is heart-rending,
The liking to'ards her songs is never-ending.

Lullaby of Susila amma forces babes to sleep,
E'en the meaning goes skin deep.


Rhymes of Susila amma starts to float,
Well versed she's when it comes to musical note.

Live concerts of Susila amma has a strange power,
Each song is like a blossomed flower.

Singing style of Susila amma is her own,
The Crooning Queen who's well known.

-M Rezvie Omerdeen
 Matale
 Sri Lanka 
 13th October 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment