Friday, January 17, 2020

The Game Quite Fair

I regard the game which is quite fair,
I prize the film "Where Eagles Dare".

I admire the beauty of the twilight,
I adore the stars at night.

I relish music of some sort,
I prefer to pen a good quote.

I weep when things go wrong,
I respect the emotion in an old song.

I recite the lyrics I find,
I value an art of some kind.

I gaze at the folks who sing and dance,
I esteem the sentiments of a good romance.

I always cherish a good friend,
I hope to carry on the goodwill till the end.

I pray for my parents for doing whatever they could,
I regret for not achieving what I should.

I honour my teachers for the best guidance in school,
I feel sorry coz I often played the fool.

I wish to forget and forgive,
I salute the saints who taught me how to live.
~ M Rezvie Omerdeen
    Matale
    20th November 2013









































No comments:

Post a Comment